Marine Link
Thursday, December 8, 2016

Detroit Diesel Merges With DaimlerChrysler

August 3, 2000

Detroit Diesel Corp. has signed a definitive merger agreement with a subsidiary of DaimlerChrysler AG. The agreement calls for DaimlerChrysler, a shareholder of DDC since 1993 that currently owns 21.3 percent of the outstanding common shares of DDC, will commence a cash tender offer for the remaining 78.7 percent of DDC at a price of $23 per common share - for a total transaction value of $423 million. Penske Corp., which owns 48.6 percent of the outstanding common shares of DDC, has committed to tender its shares to DaimlerChrysler.


 
Maritime Reporter Magazine Cover Nov 2016 - Workboat Edition

Maritime Reporter and Engineering News’ first edition was published in New York City in 1883 and became our flagship publication in 1939. It is the world’s largest audited circulation magazine serving the global maritime industry, delivering more insightful editorial and news to more industry decision makers than any other source.

Subscribe
Maritime Reporter E-News subscription

Maritime Reporter E-News is the subsea industry's largest circulation and most authoritative ENews Service, delivered to your Email three times per week

Subscribe for Maritime Reporter E-News