ClassNK (Chairman and President: Noboru Ueda) has announced the release of new amendments to the ClassNK Rules on June 15, 2012.
ClassNK constantly reevaluates its Technical Rules and Guidances in order to respond to requests from the maritime industry, incorporate R & D results and feedback from damage investigations, and address new regulations as well as amendments to international conventions and IACS unified requirements.
New amendments to the ClassNK rules released this time include:
- (1) New Notations for ships with special equipment based on requests from the maritime industry
- (2) Amendments related to the cantilevered structure of general cargo ships based on the results of ClassNK research and development projects
- (3) Amendments related the structural reinforcement of the bow of blunt vessels based on feedback from damage investigations
- (4) Amendments related to transfer equipment transfer for marine pilots to address new regulations and amendments to international conventions
- (5) Amendments related to IACS Common Structural Rules (CSR) in order to incorporate amendments to IACS unified requirements
The full text of these amendments is available on the ClassNK website (http://www.classnk.or.jp) via the “Rules Amendments” section of the ClassNK My Page system (registration required).
For more information about the amendments to the ClassNK Rules, please contact: