The SOCP cordially invites the maritime community to attend the SOCP Annual Fall Meeting, celebrating 20 Years of Collaboration & Innovation to Improve the U.S. Maritime Industry . This event will be held at MITAGS-PMI-CCMIT, 692 Maritime Boulevard, Linthicum, MD 21090 on November 6-7, 2013 .
A high caliber line up of speakers h ave been invited to this exciting event, including Mr. Paul N. Jaenichen, Sr, Acting Maritime Administrator of MARAD and Rear Admiral Joseph A. Servidio, Assistant Commandant for Prevention Policy, U.S. Coast Guard.
The meeting will include the following facilitated panel discussions to help drive future cooperative program development:
- Maritime Regulatory Issues
- Moderator: Rear Admiral Joseph A. Servidio, Assistant Commandant for Prevention Policy, USCG
- Infrastructure and Waterways
- Moderator: Ms. Helen A. Brohl, Executive Director, US Committee on the Marine Transportation System
- Maritime Manpower Recruitment and Retention Issues/Concerns
- Moderator/Presenter: Captain Paul “Chip” Jaenichen, Acting Maritime Administrator
In addition, a separate Focus Group with deep-draft vessel owners/operators has been scheduled on November 5th from 1:00pm – 4:00pm at MITAGS-PMI-CCMIT. This special event will be moderated by Rear Admiral Joseph A. Servidio. Discussion topics will include the following:
- Port State Control for U.S. Vessels
- Vessel Security
- LNG for Fuel
- Investigations/Marine Casualty Reporting
- Marine Industry Training Insights
- Cyber Security