American Equity Safety Awards Announced
The American Equity Underwriters, Inc. (AEU) 2011 Safety Awards were presented at the annual American Longshore Mutual Association (ALMA) Conference in Grand Cayman on July 30, 2012.
The awards are given each year to the best performing ALMA members nationwide and are based on the number of accidents and the severity of accidents for each calendar year. The award is an acknowledgement that these companies are leaders in the most important aspect of business operation – protecting employees from injury or death. This is the one effort that should lead all others as businesses strive for improved results and better performance.
Three safety award winners are presented in both the marine cargo handling and shipyard industries:
- Marine Cargo Handling: International Transportation Service, Inc.
- Marine Cargo Handling: Levin Enterprises, Inc.
- Marine Cargo Handling: Schaefer Stevedoring, Inc.
- Shipyard Safety Award: Signal International, LLC
- Shipyard Safety Award: Candies Shipbuilders, LLC
- Shipyard Safety Award: Signet Maritime Corporation