Neeraj Bansal Appointed Deputy Chairman of JNPT
The Government of India has appointed Neeraj Bansal as Deputy Chairman of India's largest container port, Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust with immediate effect.
Mr Neeraj Bansal is an Officer of Indian Revenue Servie with around twenty years of experience across the country in Direct Tax Administration, Investigation, Tax-payer Service, Vigilance, Legal & Co-ordination.
* LL.B. (Professional Three years course) from Kurukshetra University
* B.Sc from University College, Kurukshetra University
* Wide administrative experience in the general managerial capacity in handling the Legal, Personnel, Co-ordination, Vigilance, Administrative matters of more than 5000 Officers and Staff members of Income-tax Department, Mumbai in a highly unionized environment.
* Vast experience of various functions of Direct Tax administration such as, Budget Collection, Investigation, Enforcement, Assessments, Recovery, and satisfactory Tax Payers service in various parts of India
* Exercised Leadership in co-ordinating with Public Accounts Committee on Finance and other Government Agencies such as, Government of Maharashtra, BMC, Mumbai, Police, CBI,
* Vast experience in handling legal issues such as, Vodafone case and Scam cases of Harshad Mehta before Hon’ble Supreme Court, Bombay High Court etc.
* Experience in formulation of tax-policy and its administration in Mumbai