ONGC to Invest Over $5B in Offshore Gas Finds

Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Oil and Natural Gas Corp. (ONGC) plans to invest over $5b to produce 25 million standard cubic meters per day (mmscmd) of gas from its eastern offshore Krishna Godavari fields by 2013. The state-run firm submitted to the regulator Director General of Hydrocarbons an appraisal program of the discoveries it had made in KG offshore basin, putting the in-place reserves at 6.37 Trillion cubic feet (Tcf), industry sources said. Besides natural gas, ONGC also plans to produce 8,000 barrels of oil per day from the fields. The reserve estimates and production plan in ONGC's appraisal program, however, do not include its ultra-deepwater UD-1 discovery in KG-DWN-98/2 block adjacent to Reliance Industries' prolific gas discovery block KG-D6. ONGC estimates another 2-14 Tcf of reserves in the UD-1 discovery, sources reportedly said, adding half-a-dozen other finds in the same KG-DWN-98/2 block have been clubbed with other discoveries in the region like G-29, GS-4 and Vashistha. The production planned is better than previously announced plans of 12-15 mmscmd. Sources indicated the company's appraisal plan outlines integrated development of the discoveries in shallow to deepwater (northern) part of the KG-DWN-98/2 block along with other fields in adjoining nomination acreages. While ONGC has 90 per cent stake in the KG-DWN-98/3 block, it has 100 per cent stake in the adjoining acreage which it got from the government on a nomination basis. Cairn India has the remaining 10 per cent in KG-DWN-98/3. Norsk Hydro of Norway and Petrobras of Brazil are to take 15 to 30 per cent stake in the block. [Source: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com]

Maritime Today


The Maritime Industry's original and most viewed E-News Service

Maritime Reporter February 2016 Digital Edition
FREE Maritime Reporter Subscription
Latest Maritime News    rss feeds

Offshore

US Oil Drillers Cut Rigs to Least in 6 Years

U.S. energy firms this week cut oil rigs for an eighth week in a row to the lowest levels since January 2010, data showed on Friday, as energy firms continue to

Eni, Exxon, Statoil Win Irish Offshore O&G Licences

The Irish government said on Thursday it had awarded oil and gas licences to companies including oil majors Eni, Exxon and Statoil , allowing them to explore for hydrocarbons off the coast of Ireland.

Maersk Drilling Posts Record Profit

Maersk Drilling delivered the best result ever with a profit of USD 751m (USD 478m) in 2015 generating a ROIC of 9.3% (7.1%). The result was positively impacted

Cruise Ship Trends

Interior Facelift for Queen Mary 2

Cunard’s luxurious flagship, the iconic 2,620 passenger ocean liner Queen Mary 2, will undergo an interior refit at the hands of McCue Marine during a 25-day multimillion-pound

USCG to Inspect Storm-damaged Anthem of the Seas

The storm-damaged Royal Caribbean cruise ship Anthem of the Seas is scheduled to return to New York Harbor Wednesday evening where it will be met by a team of inspectors from U.

Royal Caribbean Ship Thrashed by Storm Returns on Wednesday

A Royal Caribbean cruise ship forced to turn back early after being battered by an Atlantic storm was expected to return to its New Jersey port at 9 p.m. on Wednesday (0200 GMT Thursday),

 
 
Maritime Careers / Shipboard Positions Maritime Security Naval Architecture Offshore Oil Pipelines Pod Propulsion Port Authority Ship Electronics Shipbuilding / Vessel Construction Sonar
rss | archive | history | articles | privacy | contributors | top maritime news | about us | copyright | maritime magazines
maritime security news | shipbuilding news | maritime industry | shipping news | maritime reporting | workboats news | ship design | maritime business

Time taken: 0.0717 sec (14 req/sec)