Rowan Announces Record Quarterly Results

Friday, November 02, 2007
For the three months ended September 30, 2007, Rowan Companies, Inc. (NYSE:RDC) generated record net income of $130.8m, or $1.16 per share, compared to $87.0m, or 78 cents per share, in the third quarter of 2006 and $128.1m, or $1.14 per share, in the second quarter of 2007. Revenues were $502.2m in the third quarter of 2007, compared to $417.1m in the third quarter of 2006 and $507.0 million in the second quarter of 2007. The third quarter 2007 results included $1.1m, or 1 cent per share, of gains on asset sales, compared to $2.3m, or 2 cents per share, in the third quarter of 2006 and $14.6m, or 8 cents per share, in the second quarter of 2007. The prior-year results also included approximately $1.2m, or 1 cent per share, of after-tax income from the Company's discontinued aviation operations which were sold in 2004. Rowan's drilling operations generated record revenues of $368.8m during the third quarter of 2007, up by $79.2m, or 27%, from the third quarter of 2006 and by $15.7m, or 4%, from the second quarter of 2007. The Company's income from drilling operations improved to $183.5m, or 50% of revenues, during the third quarter of 2007, up by 44% from the third quarter of 2006 and by 1% from the second quarter of 2007. Rowan's offshore rig utilization was 99% during the third quarter of 2007, up from 91% in the third quarter of 2006 and 97% in the second quarter of 2007. The Company's average offshore day rate was $158,200 during the third quarter of 2007, up by $11,400, or 8%, from the third quarter of 2006 and by $1,100, or 1%, from the second quarter of 2007. Rowan's land rig utilization was 96% during the third quarter of 2007, down from 98% in the third quarter of 2006 and 97% in the second quarter of 2007, though the number of rig operating days increased between periods. The Company's average land rig day rate was $23,300 during the third quarter of 2007, up by $300, or 1%, from the third quarter of 2006 and by $900, or 4%, from the second quarter of 2007. Rowan's combined manufacturing operations generated revenues of $133.4m during the third quarter of 2007, up by $5.9m, or 5%, from the third quarter of 2006 and down by $20.5m, or 13%, from the second quarter of 2007. The Company's income from manufacturing operations improved to $14.6m, or 11% of revenues, during the third quarter of 2007, up by 232% from the third quarter of 2006 and by 12% from the second quarter of 2007.
Maritime Reporter July 2014 Digital Edition
FREE Maritime Reporter Subscription
Latest Maritime News    rss feeds

Shipbuilding

Week's Ocean-Going Shipbuilding Orders Sparse

Despite some media reports of more significant ordering, there is only one firm shipbuilding order to report in the drybulk sector, according to the latest Clarkson Hellas S&P Weekly Bulletin,

DSME Gets UK Shipyard Consulting Contract

S. Korea's DSME says it is to provide naval vessel production and management consulting services for British defense company BAE. Under the terms of the agreement,

Two MacGregor Subsea Cranes Ordered for Chinese PSVs

MacGregor, part of Cargotec, has secured a new contract from Chinese shipbuilder, Fujian Mawei Shipbuilding Ltd., for two 100-metric-ton active heave-compensated subsea MacGregor cranes.

Finance

Foster Wheeler to Supply Heat Recovery Steam Generator In Mexico

Foster Wheeler AG (Nasdaq:FWLT) announced today that a subsidiary of its Global Power Group has been awarded a contract by Iberdrola, for the design and supply

EMGS - Settlement of the Convertible Bond Loan to North Energy

Divestment fully in line with ABB’s commitment to continuous portfolio optimization. ABB has divested five businesses with limited synergies in the past 11 months raising about $1 billion.

Standard Chartered Private Equity invests $ 75 mi in Topaz

Topaz Energy and Marine (“Topaz”), a leading offshore support vessel company with primary operations in the Caspian, Middle East, West Africa and Subsea operations

 
 
Maritime Careers / Shipboard Positions Maritime Security Naval Architecture Navigation Pipelines Pod Propulsion Port Authority Salvage Shipbuilding / Vessel Construction Winch
rss | archive | history | articles | privacy | terms and conditions | contributors | top maritime news | about us | copyright | maritime magazines
maritime security news | shipbuilding news | maritime industry | shipping news | maritime reporting | workboats news | ship design | maritime business

Time taken: 0.1472 sec (7 req/sec)