Cal Dive International Buys Canyon Offshore

Monday, December 10, 2001
Cal Dive International has acquired 85 percent of outstanding Canyon Offshore shares, with the remaining 15 percent to be acquired over the next three years. The acquisition, which is subject to the customary Hart Scott Rodino filing, is expected to close before year-end. Owen Kratz, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Cal Dive, stated, "As marine construction support in the Gulf of Mexico moves to deeper and deeper waters, ROV systems will play an increasingly important role." John S. Edwards, CEO of Canyon, said, "CDI was our first customer when Canyon began operations in early 1997 and we are extremely excited to be joining the CDI group of companies and expect to be a major contributor to their continuing success. Joining the CDI group of companies greatly expands Canyons ability to further develop our global capabilities; provides access to capital, a large fleet of dynamically positioned vessels and access to considerable project management resources. Canyon's successful international submarine cable burial business also provides a baseline for the expanded groups international operations and revenue diversification." Canyon will function as an independent operating company, continuing to provide ROV, intervention and cable / flowline burial services to all our customers. Canyon offers a wide range of subsea services to the oil and gas industry, including ROV Services for construction, drilling support, survey, engineering, repair and maintenance.

Maritime Today


The Maritime Industry's original and most viewed E-News Service

Maritime Reporter January 2016 Digital Edition
FREE Maritime Reporter Subscription
Latest Maritime News    rss feeds

Offshore

Three Dead on Pemex Platform, Fire Under Control

Three workers were killed and at least seven injured when a fire broke out on a Pemex oil processing platform in the Gulf of Mexico, but the latest in a string of incidents is now under control,

Topaz Responder Saves Refugee Migrants

Topaz Energy and Marine has emerged as an unlikely player in the effort to save refugee migrants risking their lives on the sea crossing from Turkey to Greece’s islands in order to reach Europe.

Corima Acquires Damen ASD 2810 Tug

On 20 January 2016, Corima, part of the Italy-based Gesmar Group, held an official handover ceremony for a Damen ASD 2810 tug. The festivities were attended by

Education/Training

First Women's Expedition to the Arctic

Company "MyArctic-expeditions" organize the first women's expedition to the Arctic Ocean. The expedition will start on March 5 in the capital of the Nenets Autonomous

SUNY Maritime Among Top Schools for Career Placement

The Princeton Review’s annual college rankings place State University of New York Maritime College among the top 10 in the nation for career placement after graduation.

Campaign for Webb at $28 Mln and Counting

Webb Institute’s Campaign Cabinet, led by President Keith Michel ’73 and Campaign Chair Joseph Cuneo ’57 announced that $28 million (70 percent) of the $40 million

 
 
Maritime Careers / Shipboard Positions Maritime Security Offshore Oil Pipelines Pod Propulsion Ship Electronics Ship Repair Shipbuilding / Vessel Construction Sonar Winch
rss | archive | history | articles | privacy | contributors | top maritime news | about us | copyright | maritime magazines
maritime security news | shipbuilding news | maritime industry | shipping news | maritime reporting | workboats news | ship design | maritime business

Time taken: 0.0783 sec (13 req/sec)