CVF Manufacturing Contract Boosts VT Group

Thursday, July 03, 2008

VT Group announced that its new shipbuilding and naval support joint venture, BVT Surface Fleet Limited, is to be the major beneficiary from the manufacturing contract signed for two new Royal Navy aircraft carriers (CVF).

The CVF contract will contribute in the region of £3 billion to BVT’s order book, of which just under half will be delivered by the joint venture directly and the balance sub-contracted. CVF revenues will start to flow through BVT shortly with production of the first carrier set to start later this year.
VT owns 45 percent of BVT, with the remaining 55 per cent owned by Systems.

BVT, which officially started operations on July 1, also includes the remaining work on the Royal Navy’s Type 45 Anti Air Warfare Destroyer program and export projects for and in its order book.

Maritime Today


The Maritime Industry's original and most viewed E-News Service

Maritime Reporter April 2016 Digital Edition
FREE Maritime Reporter Subscription
Latest Maritime News    rss feeds

People & Company News

Massive Layoff Ahead for Hyundai Heavy

Another massive reduction in the Korean shipbuilding workforce may come as most shipyards are still struggling with falling orders and mounting losses, reports Yonhap quoting industry sources.

USCG Foundation Run to Remember Events Announced

The Coast Guard Foundation, a non-profit organization committed to the education and welfare of Coast Guard members and their families, announced this year’s Run

Port of Vancouver CEO Coleman to Step Down

Todd Coleman, CEO of Port of Vancouver USA, step down from his position May 19, after 15 years with the port.   Coleman, a Professional Engineer, began his career with the port in 2001,

 
 
Maritime Careers / Shipboard Positions Maritime Contracts Maritime Security Maritime Standards Naval Architecture Pipelines Pod Propulsion Port Authority Ship Electronics Shipbuilding / Vessel Construction
rss | archive | history | articles | privacy | contributors | top maritime news | about us | copyright | maritime magazines
maritime security news | shipbuilding news | maritime industry | shipping news | maritime reporting | workboats news | ship design | maritime business

Time taken: 0.0839 sec (12 req/sec)