In cooperation with the U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps and U.S. Coast Guard, the American Society of Naval Engineers (ASNE) will present Naval Logistics Symposium 2009—Logistics in Support of the Joint Maritime Strategy in Arlington, Virginia, on July 20-22 2009.
The symposium will feature key topics in naval logistics from top leaders in government and industry. The Council of Logistics Engineering Professionals has joined as a supporting organization for the event.
The Naval Logistics Symposium program will address the requirements and challenges associated with ensuring that effective life cycle logistics support is developed and implemented during the design, development, test, production, fielding, sustainment, and improvement modifications of military systems as the maritime strategy is implemented.
The goal of addressing requirements and challenges is to ensure that life cycle logistics support will be cost effective and will achieve the intended material readiness and combat effectiveness as defined in operational requirements documents. Through panel discussions, speakers and technical paper tracks, the symposium will explore the issues involved with achieving these objectives within the constraints of the systems acquisition process.
Principal speakers include:
• ADM Gary Roughead, USN, Chief of Naval Operations (Confirmed)
• GEN Duncan J. McNabb, USAF, Commander, United States Transportation Command (Invited)
• GEN James T. Conway, Commandant of the Marine Corps (Invited)
• ADM Thad W. Allen, Commandant, United States Coast Guard (Invited)
• Mr. Stephen Carmel, Senior Vice President, Maritime Services, Maersk Line, Limited (Invited)
Panel discussions and featured presentations will include:
• Panel on Total Ownership Cost Reduction Efforts
• Panel on Sea Services Acquisition Logistics
• Panel on The Future of Logistics
• Special presentation on Advancements of Military Medicine on the Battlefield
The symposium will include technical paper sessions structured along three tracks:
1.) Acquisition Logistics—Trends, Tools and Practices;
2.) Total Ownership Cost Reduction—Successes, Challenges and Barriers; and
3.) Naval Logistics Integration—Bridging Across the Services.
In conjunction with the symposium ASNE will conduct exhibits and sponsorships that are separate and distinct from ASNE’s arrangements with the Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard for the symposium.
Information about exhibits and sponsorship should be obtained from ASNE. Contact Megan Sinesiou at (703) 836-6727 ext. 23 or email@example.com for more information.