USA Naiad Maritime Group, Inc. and VT Group plc (VT) announced Naiad Maritime Group’s completion of the acquisition of the collection of businesses known as the VT Motion Control Group, including Naiad Marine Systems, Maritime Dynamics, Vosper Motion Control and Vosper Stabilizers. The acquisition was led by John Venables, former Group President of the VT Motion Control businesses, with 27 years in various engineering and executive capacities at the companies.
Venables will continue to lead the business as President & CEO of Naiad Maritime Group. Naiad Maritime Group, Inc. is comprised of Naiad Dynamics US, Inc., Naiad Dynamics UK, Limited, and Naiad Dynamics Holland, BV. It has operations in Connecticut, Maryland, Florida, and Washington, the Netherlands, United Kingdom, and Australia.
The sale is in accordance with VT’s strategy to grow its service-related business. Some 80 percent of VT’s turnover is now generated by its service-related business and the Group has announced its intention to sell its stake in the shipbuilding and naval support joint venture, BVT Surface Fleet, later this year.
NAIAD dynamics will continue to serve each of these marine sectors, and plans to expand. In addition to specializing in Underway and At Rest (zero speed) Stabilization and Ride Control solutions for displacement and planning monohulls, the company will continue to apply its expertise to supply Ride Control Systems for virtually all types of advanced hull forms including Catamarans, Trimarans, SWATH vessels, SLICE vessels, Submerged Foil vessels, Air Cushion vessels, and Surface Effect Ships (SES).
A sample of recent applications of the company’s Stabilization and Ride Control Systems includes:
• United States Navy 115m USS Freedom, Littoral Combat Ship, Ride Control System
• Royal Navy of Oman 100m Ocean Patrol Vessels (qty 3), Active Fin Stabilizers
• Trinidad & Tobago Coast Guard 90m Offshore Patrol Vessels (qty 3), Active Fin Stabilizers
• Heesen Yachts 50m motoryacht Man of Steel, Active Fin Stabilizers with Stabilization at Anchor (zero speed) capability
• Retrofit of 100m motoryacht Attessa IV, Active Fin Stabilizers with Stabilization at Anchor (zero speed) capability
• CRN 60m motoryacht Romance, Active Fin Stabilizers with Stabilization at Anchor (zero speed) capability
• Amels 52m motoryacht Were Dreams, Active Fin Stabilizers with Stabilization at Anchor (zero speed) capability
• Azimut-Benetti 65m motoryacht Silver Angel, Active Fin Stabilizers with Stabilization at Anchor (zero speed) capability