Altamira LNG Terminal Could Begin Expanded Ops in 2012

Tuesday, October 09, 2007
The Altamira LNG regasification terminal operated by Anglo-Dutch oil major Shell (NYSE: RDS) on Mexico's gulf coast could begin expanded operations as early as 2012, Altamira managing director Carlos Barajas told BNamericas. The plant, on Mexico's Gulf coast, currently has two storage tanks with a 3.5Mt/y LNG capacity. The expansion is not on the table in the short term because there are several other sources of natural gas supply for the zone. Sources include imports from the US and production by state oil company Pemex in northeast Mexico. The expansion will take roughly two years, Barajas said, without providing figures on the size of the project. Possible investment is still unknown given volatile prices for construction works. Shell controls 50% of the terminal with France's Total (NYSE: TOT) and Japan's Mitsui each holding 25%. Shell and Total hold 75% and 25% respectively of the terminal's capacity rights. [Source: http://www.bnamericas.com]

Maritime Today


The Maritime Industry's original and most viewed E-News Service

Maritime Reporter June 2016 Digital Edition
FREE Maritime Reporter Subscription
Latest Maritime News    rss feeds

People & Company News

List: Top Five UK Ship Owners

Following last week's landmark referendum results, VesselsValue has compiled a list of the top five U.K.-based shipowners and their total fleet value in USD billions.

FMC's Doyle Addresses VGM Rules

U.S. Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) Commissioner William P. Doyle issued a statement on the upcoming implementation of the SOLAS Convention’s verified gross mass (VGM) requirements:   On Friday,

Maritime Knowledge Hub Opens in the UK

Business owners across the U.K. wanting to drive growth in the maritime sector are being urged to engage with the newly opened Maritime Knowledge Hub in Birkenhead, Liverpool City Region.

 
 
Maritime Careers / Shipboard Positions Maritime Contracts Maritime Security Maritime Standards Offshore Oil Salvage Ship Repair Ship Simulators Shipbuilding / Vessel Construction Sonar
rss | archive | history | articles | privacy | contributors | top maritime news | about us | copyright | maritime magazines
maritime security news | shipbuilding news | maritime industry | shipping news | maritime reporting | workboats news | ship design | maritime business

Time taken: 0.0858 sec (12 req/sec)