The Rendsburg based Repair Division of Nobiskrug GmbH – a company of ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems – has been commissioned to repair extensive fire damage to the 117.5 m “Josef Möbius”, a 5,939 GT suction dredger with drag nozzle.
On the July 28, the superstructure and the bridge of the dredger were
severely damaged in Spain by a fire that broke out in the engine-room. The ship is now on its way towards Rendsburg, towed by a Spanish tug boat at a speed of around 9 knots. It is expected to arrive at the shipyard on the 20th September 2005 – weather conditions permitting. Repair work will take almost three months.
The work package has been commissioned by Josef Möbius Bau AG in agreement with the local insurance company and will be supervised by the classification company Germanischer Lloyd (GL): These essentially include:
· Deconcentration and cleaning of the damaged area
· Renewal of around 35 tons of steel in the damaged area
· Renewal of the insulation and interior decor in the superstructure and bridge area
· Renewal of the E-cabling, E-components and security systems in the damaged area
· Renewal of the navigation and communication systems on the bridge
· Repair and renewal of the air-conditioning and ventilating systems in the damaged area
· Overhaul work to machine constructions
· Docking and work on the underwater hull