CNOOC Announces Startup of New Platform

Friday, December 07, 2007
CNOOC Limited announced that Platform C of Phase of Penglai (PL) 19-3 has come on stream successfully. This is the first Wellhead Platform starting production in Phase â…¡development of PL19-3. The development facilities in Phaseâ…¡of PL19-3 include: 5 wellhead platforms, a central processing facility and a world-class FPSO, with a designed processing capacity of 190,000 barrels of oil per day.

PL19-3 oil field is located in Block 11/05 in Bohai Bay, the largest oil field offshore China currently. The field is jointly developed by CNOOC Ltd. and ConocoPhillips China Inc. (COPC). CNOOC Ltd. holds 51% interest of PL 19-3 and the Operator, COPC holds the rest 49%. Phase of PL 19-3 has started production successfully in December 2002.

Maritime Today


The Maritime Industry's original and most viewed E-News Service

Maritime Reporter April 2016 Digital Edition
FREE Maritime Reporter Subscription
Latest Maritime News    rss feeds

Offshore

ABB Transformers for the Most Powerful Wind Turbines

ABB will deploy 40 special transformers to equip wind turbines for an offshore wind farm in the Irish Sea. The MHI Vestas Offshore Wind turbines are 195 m (640

Two ODCs Loaded at Hamburg Port

On 25 April, two Over-Dimensional-Cargos (ODC) tanks manufactured by Chart Ferox were loaded by Wallmann & Co., the long-established Hamburg company specializing in handling heavy lift cargoes.

Wind-powered Oil Recovery Project Green-lighted

The DNV GL-led WIN WIN Joint Industry Project (JIP), which melds offshore wind with offshore oil and gas, shows that for suitable fields,finds that  wind-powered

Education/Training

Singapore Scheme to Tackle Lack of Marine Engineers

Singapore has launched an initiative to attract more locals to take up a career as a marine engineer. The joint venture between unions, government and industry aims to address an acute shortage.

Port of London Bridge Simulator Upgraded

The Port of London Authority (PLA) has invested £250,000 to upgrade its ship’s bridge simulator, adding a full tug bridge simulator in a move that is set to enable

Kongsberg, DNV GL Partner to Reduce Training Costs

Kongsberg Maritime has entered a partnership with class society DNV GL to issue Product Certificates for Maritime Simulator Systems required by maritime training

 
 
Maritime Careers / Shipboard Positions Maritime Security Maritime Standards Naval Architecture Navigation Offshore Oil Pipelines Ship Simulators Shipbuilding / Vessel Construction Winch
rss | archive | history | articles | privacy | contributors | top maritime news | about us | copyright | maritime magazines
maritime security news | shipbuilding news | maritime industry | shipping news | maritime reporting | workboats news | ship design | maritime business

Time taken: 0.0686 sec (15 req/sec)