CVF Manufacturing Contract Boosts VT Group

Thursday, July 03, 2008

VT Group announced that its new shipbuilding and naval support joint venture, BVT Surface Fleet Limited, is to be the major beneficiary from the manufacturing contract signed for two new Royal Navy aircraft carriers (CVF).

The CVF contract will contribute in the region of £3 billion to BVT’s order book, of which just under half will be delivered by the joint venture directly and the balance sub-contracted. CVF revenues will start to flow through BVT shortly with production of the first carrier set to start later this year.
VT owns 45 percent of BVT, with the remaining 55 per cent owned by Systems.

BVT, which officially started operations on July 1, also includes the remaining work on the Royal Navy’s Type 45 Anti Air Warfare Destroyer program and export projects for and in its order book.

Maritime Today


The Maritime Industry's original and most viewed E-News Service

Maritime Reporter January 2016 Digital Edition
FREE Maritime Reporter Subscription
Latest Maritime News    rss feeds

People & Company News

First Women's Expedition to the Arctic

Company "MyArctic-expeditions" organize the first women's expedition to the Arctic Ocean. The expedition will start on March 5 in the capital of the Nenets Autonomous

Topaz Responder Saves Refugee Migrants

Topaz Energy and Marine has emerged as an unlikely player in the effort to save refugee migrants risking their lives on the sea crossing from Turkey to Greeceā€™s islands in order to reach Europe.

MHI's Entity to Oversee Material Handling Equipment, Engine and Turbocharger Businesses

Today Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. (MHI) decided in principle to launch a new wholly owned entity to integrally oversee its current businesses in material

 
 
Maritime Careers / Shipboard Positions Maritime Contracts Maritime Security Offshore Oil Pipelines Pod Propulsion Port Authority Ship Electronics Ship Repair Shipbuilding / Vessel Construction
rss | archive | history | articles | privacy | contributors | top maritime news | about us | copyright | maritime magazines
maritime security news | shipbuilding news | maritime industry | shipping news | maritime reporting | workboats news | ship design | maritime business

Time taken: 0.0800 sec (13 req/sec)