Water Emergency Transportation Authority (WETA) announced the arrival of the eco-friendly ferry, Gemini, in San Francisco Bay on November 25. WETA invites the public to an open house aboard the Gemini, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. on December 12 at Gate E, San Francisco Ferry Building.
Highlights of the Gemini include:
• 25 knots, 149 passengers
• Surpasses WETA’s emission mandate of 85% cleaner than EPA emission standards for Tier II (2007) Marine Engines
• Incorporates Selective Catalytic Reduction and solar (renewable energy) technology
• Operates on a blend of biodiesel and ultra low sulfur diesel fuel
• Innovative measures to protect bay and marine life include: low wake, low wash hulls & forward searching sonar for avoiding whale strikes
• Room for 34 bikes with fresh water rinse
• Enhanced safety and security measures include: CCTV, voyage data recorder, added CEDs onboard. Surpasses T-Boat requirements for life saving apparatus.
• WiFi provided
• Several seating options to maximize passenger comfort
• Two ADA compliant restrooms