There are five applicants for Louisiana's 15th and final riverboat gaming
· Hollywood Park for Lake Charles
· Horseshoe for Bossier City
· Louisiana Horizons for an undisclosed location in southwestern Louisiana
· West Bank Gaming for an undisclosed location
· Isle of Caprit for Chalmette
Once the Louisiana State Police have finished the process of evaluating the applications for completeness, they will begin background investigations to determine the applicants' suitability.
If the license is awarded, it will be against the current wishes of Governor Mike Foster. His executive council, Chaney Joseph, gave the gaming board a letter signed by the governor, asking the panel delay any final decision on the 15th license, to give the Louisiana Legislature a chance to repeal authorization for it next year.