The U.S. Coast Guard, along with local industry and emergency
response organizations, are scheduled to host a Marine Salvage and
Firefighting Awareness Forum July 15 - 16, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the
Delgado Community College City Park campus.
Personnel from local Coast Guard units, along with the Lower Mississippi
River Marine Firefighting Committee and the Greater New Orleans Port Safety
Council, will address:
* familiarizing the maritime industry, as well as local, state
and federal agencies with the different roles and responsibilities
concerning marine salvage and firefighting efforts.
* strengthening partnerships among agencies in an effort to
minimize the economic impact to commercial industry and the community in the
event of a marine casualty.
* identifying the roles of different organizations and
agencies in response to a marine casualty.
* familiarizing participants with marine firefighting
* reviewing enhancements to the Lower Mississippi River