Just when you think all safety measures are in place, a stray snake enters the picture to muck up the works.
A natural gas facility in southern Thailand was brought to a standstill by a blackout blamed on a snake. A plant pumping liquefied natural gas (LNG) from the southern Thai province of Songkhla to Malaysia had to suspend operations after its electricity system was downed by a stray boa constrictor.
The reptile caused a short circuit in the system by wrapping around an electricity transmission line and clamping down on a high-voltage transformer
(Source: RIA Novosti)