Suspected pirates released by EU NAVFOR

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Following the detention of the skiff and suspected pirates by the EU NAVFOR German warship Brandenburg on 7 Sep 2009, when the skiff refused to obey the command to stop, the four individuals involved in the incident have now been released, on order of the EU NAVFOR Force Commander, and left the warship en route to Somalia.

All their pirate equipment (including weapons) has been confiscated and will be destroyed. The body of the suspected pirate who was wounded (and later died of his wounds) remains onboard the warship Brandenburg until arrangements to repatriate him are in place. Local authorities in Somalia and the International Committee for the Red Cross are being consulted.

Maritime Reporter January 2015 Digital Edition
FREE Maritime Reporter Subscription
Latest Maritime News    rss feeds

Maritime Security

BP Quits Indonesian Blocks on Risk Concerns

UK-listed energy giant BP has decided to relinquish two exploration blocks to Indonesia, after a survey of the blocks found them to be high risk, the company said on Friday.

Yemen Lifts Force Majeure on LNG Deliveries

Yemen on Friday lifted force majeure on liquefied natural gas (LNG) deliveries from its Balhaf plant, trading sources with knowledge of the matter said. Reuters reported last week that the 6.

ThyssenKrupp: Submarine Unit Not For Sale

German industrial group ThyssenKrupp is not in talks to sell its submarine unit nor is it in talks to sell its stainless steel unit VDM, its chief executive said on Friday.

 
 
Maritime Contracts Maritime Standards Naval Architecture Offshore Oil Pipelines Port Authority Salvage Ship Electronics Sonar Winch
rss | archive | history | articles | privacy | terms and conditions | contributors | top maritime news | about us | copyright | maritime magazines
maritime security news | shipbuilding news | maritime industry | shipping news | maritime reporting | workboats news | ship design | maritime business

Time taken: 0.7238 sec (1 req/sec)