At the Connecticut Maritime Association 2010 Shipping Exposition, Veson Nautical, the premier provider of Maritime Enterprise Resource Planning (Maritime-ERP) solutions and services, announced that a new module, IMOS Demurrage Management for Charterers, is available to IMOS users. IMOS Demurrage Management supports the business needs of marine demurrage specialists with tools to track and improve claims performance and limit demurrage exposure to loss.
IMOS Demurrage Management, analysis and workflow tools are designed to improve response time, throughput and claim results. Real-time voyage events trigger automated alerts to ensure that all claim and re-bill opportunities are promptly recognized, while time bar driven work processes ensure that each claim is submitted on time. Claim management tools, streamlined calculation tools and enhanced laytime reports increase calculation efficiency and communication clarity. Comprehensive claim tracking capabilities ensure the capture of complete claim histories, and claim management tools provide a quick understanding of claim status and performance.
Other Important IMOS Demurrage Management features include:
- Re-designed lay time calculator provides individual and combined port views and alternate wet and dry calculation methods.
- Voyage demurrage views provide a complete contract-driven picture of claim and re-bill relationships.
- Rule-based demurrage tasks can be tailored to support specialized business processes.
- Communications logs tracks all claim communications, times, and events, ensuring complete history capture and improved negotiating position.
- Direct access to vessel and port call information 24x7.