Yayasan Sabah Plans Expansion

Thursday, January 26, 2006
Yayasan Sabah Group is set to play an active role in the chemical marine transportation industry, planning to expand its involvement in this sector with the acquisition of more tankers, the Business Times reported. The group through its joint-venture company, GS Tankers Sdn Bhd, inked a shipbuilding contract for the construction and sale of a chemical tanker with Nok Bong Shipbuilding Co Ltd, a shipbuilder from Koje City, Kyungnam, South Korea. GS Tankers, a joint-venture company between Yayasan Sabah subsidiary Yayasan Sabah Shipping Sdn Bhd and Gagasan Carriers Sdn Bhd, was set up to own and operate the new 10,800-deadweight-tonne chemical tanker costing $19.5 million which is expected to be delivered by August next year. The vessel will have 12 chemical cargo tanks with capacity of 12,000 cu m each, suitable for carrying many types of chemical cargo like methanol as well as palm oil. Yayasan Sabah Shipping would finance 90 percent of the vessel cost with the remaining 10 percent to be borne by GS Carriers. (Source: www.btimes.com)

Maritime Today

The Maritime Industry's original and most viewed E-News Service

Maritime Reporter November 2015 Digital Edition
FREE Maritime Reporter Subscription
Latest Maritime News    rss feeds

People & Company News

Canada to Aid Developing Nations Fight Climate Change

Canada will provide aid to developing countries to combat climate change, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced on Friday ahead of talks on global warming,

Sandra Weakens to Tropical Storm off Mexico's Coast

Hurricane Sandra weakened to a tropical storm on Friday and was expected to continue losing strength as it approached Mexico's Pacific coast, the U.S. National Hurricane Center (NHC) said.

Gates to Launch Mega Clean Tech Initiative

Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates will launch a multi-billion-dollar clean energy research and development initiative on Monday, the opening day of the U.N. climate change summit in Paris,

Tanker Trends

Idling Fleet Continues to Surge

Owners are rapidly laying up containerships as the market slows. The size of the idle fleet will get bigger while rates and profits slide, says Drewry Shipping Consultants Limited.

Egypt to Complete East Port Said Side Channel in 2016

Egypt plans to complete a side channel in East Port Said, near the Suez Canal, that would speed up shipping and allow ships direct entry into the port by the end of June 2016,

Concordia Maritime Charters MR Tanker

Concordia Maritime has signed a contract for the charter of an IMO2/3 class MR tanker, the company announced today. The vessel will be chartered jointly with Stena Weco,

Maritime Careers / Shipboard Positions Maritime Security Maritime Standards Navigation Pipelines Pod Propulsion Port Authority Ship Electronics Shipbuilding / Vessel Construction Winch
rss | archive | history | articles | privacy | contributors | top maritime news | about us | copyright | maritime magazines
maritime security news | shipbuilding news | maritime industry | shipping news | maritime reporting | workboats news | ship design | maritime business

Time taken: 0.0689 sec (15 req/sec)