Changes in Towage Charges at Hay Point Port, Australia
Effective from 1 August 2014, there will be a single towage charge of $49634.20 (excl GST) - $55497.62 (incl GST) for all vessels calling at the port of Hay Point.
In relation to towage charges for the services to the BMA Hay Point Coal Terminal, the charge out rate is all-inclusive and include the two tugs, line-boat, linesmen and wharf charges. The towage charges are provided in accordance with the Amended United Kingdom Standard Conditions for Towage and other services (revised 1974).
Other changes include:
* Normal berthing/sailing requirement: 2 tugs and line boats berthing, 2 tugs departure. If vessel berthing or sailing is cancelled by terminal for weather and/or terminal reason then no additional charge as for terminal account.
* If vessel berthing or sailing is cancelled by vessel request – i.e. mechanical failure of equipment, can't get anchor up, etc. – then cancellation charge (50% of normal invoice charge) to be incurred.
* If vessel has to return to anchor by vessel request, then 100% invoice charge to be incurred for the subsequent berth/sail requirement.
* If vessel requires tag assistance for moving long wharf (at vessel request), then additional 25% of full invoice amount per tug to be charged.
* If vessels requires tug assistance other than normal berthing/departure – i.e. being towed back to anchor or towed to the channel due to engine failure – an additional 25% charge on top of the schedule charge.