Heavy Lift vessels visiting Indian ports are in for berthing delays at various ports.
Following is the all India Ports position:
* In Mumbai Port, berthing delays of approx 10 days for vessel opting for BPS & BPX berths and for Harbour wall berth it is 8 days. For priority vessel it is approx 4 to 5 days. No delays inside Indira docks.
* Waiting time in Nhava Sheva shallow water berth is NIL to 1 day and depends further on the performance of ships at berth and cement vessel calling in near future.
* Kandla port - berthing delays in normal import is 8 to 9 days & normal export group is approx 2 to 3 days, and in 24 hrs group it is expected to be between 24 hrs to 36 hrs.
* Mundra port is presently free from congestion.
* Adani Hazira port - situation is normal.
* Waiting period at Adani Dahej port is approx min 8 to 10 days.
* Haldia port is still congested, approx waiting time as per present situation is approx 2 to3 days. Space problems as always continues.
* Kolkata port - presently there is Nil waiting period, subject to fresh arrivals, performance of the present vessels at berth. Problem with storage area still persist.
* As per present Paradip Port position, can expect 3 to 4 days berthing delays.
* Vizag Port berthing delay is approx 3 to 4 days.
* Kakinada port, can expect 1 to 2 days berthing delay presently.
* Gangavaram port - approx 2 to 3 days berthing delay is expected.
* At Krishnapatnam port, presently there is approx 2 days delay.
* In Tuticorin port waiting time is approx 1 day, can opt for priority berthing to minimize delays.
* New Mangalore port is presently normal, but deep draft vessel can face delays.
* Cochin port is presently free from congestion.
* Chennai port is presently slightly congested and expect approx 1 day berthing delay subject to performance of vessels at berth and fresh arrivals.
Above information provided by Heavy Lift Operators Association