Because of their longer turnaround time heavy lift and project cargo vessels are not being given preferential berthing at most leading Indian ports creating in a kind of a 'pseudo congestion' situation at most ports. Besides, there is a lack of storage space generally at most ports for heavy lift and ODC (Over dimensional cargo) further aggravating the situation.
Following is the latest all India Port Position for such ships calling at Indian ports:-
1) In Mumbai Port as on date there is berthing delays of approx 2 to 3 days for BPS & BPX berths and for Harbour wall berth the delay in getting berthing is approx 1 day. However, there is no delay inside Indira docks.
2) Waiting time at Nhava Sheva shallow water berth is nil to 1 day and depends further on the performance of ships at berth and cement vessel calling in near future.
3) At Kandla port – berthing delays in normal import and export group is 9 to 10 days and 24 hrs group it is 1 day.
4) Mundra port is presently free from congestion.
5) Adani Hazira port - situation is normal.
6) Waiting period at Adani Dahej port is more that 20 days.
7) Haldia port is still congested, approx waiting time as per present situation is approx 2 to 3 days. Space problems in that port as always continues.
8) At Kolkata port presently there is Nil waiting period, subject to fresh arrivals, performance of the present vessels at berth. But the problem getting storage space still persists.
9) As Paradip Port presently Heavy lift ships can expect 2 to 3 days berthing delay.
10) Vizag Port still continues to be congested and the approx berthing delay is 2 to 3 days.
11) At Kakinada port ships can expect 2 to 3 days berthing delays presently.
12) Gangavaram port is congested, approx 2 to 3 days berthing delay is expected.
13) At Krishnapatnam port, presently there is approx 3 to 4 days delay.
14) In Tuticorin port waiting time is approx 1 to 2 days, but vessels can opt for priority berthing to minimize delays.
15) With regard New Mangalore port there is presently a normal situation. But deep draft vessels can face delays.
16) Cochin port is presently free from congestion.
17) Chennai port is presently congested and expect 2 days berthing delays..
Monsoon is active on the East Coast of India and berthing delays are expected to increase in the coming days.
For any further enquiry / information please contact Sai Maritime & Management Pvt. Ltd. Tel : +91-22-66513600, Fax : +91-22-22875178 or Email : [email protected]