Marine Link
Monday, September 26, 2016

BHP Billiton Acquires Exploration and Production Rights

October 4, 2007

BHP Billiton (BHPLF) announced that it has acquired an interest in 14 exploration and production licenses offshore the Falkland Islands in the South Atlantic. The Company signed contracts with Falkland Oil and Gas Limited (FOGL) for rights to explore and, if successful, eventually produce oil and gas from the East Falkland Basin located off the southern and eastern coast of the Falkland Islands. BHP Billiton holds a 40 per cent interest in the acreage and is the designated operator. Falkland Oil and Gas Limited hold the remaining 60 percent interest. The production licenses cover approximately 18 million acres and are located in water depths ranging from approximately 656 to 6,570 feet (approximately 200 to 2,000 meters).


Maritime Reporter Magazine Cover Sep 2016 - Maritime & Ship Security

Maritime Reporter and Engineering News’ first edition was published in New York City in 1883 and became our flagship publication in 1939. It is the world’s largest audited circulation magazine serving the global maritime industry, delivering more insightful editorial and news to more industry decision makers than any other source.

Subscribe
Maritime Reporter E-News subscription

Maritime Reporter E-News is the subsea industry's largest circulation and most authoritative ENews Service, delivered to your Email three times per week

Subscribe for Maritime Reporter E-News