Now available for wire rope and cable applications, Bel-Ray Biodegradable Wire Rope Coating Grease expands on the performance of conventional wire rope coating grease and adds the advantage of biodegradability for environmentally conscious operations.
Biodegradable Wire Rope Coating Grease is a biodegradable and adhesive wire rope lubricant and protectant designed for use in the most extreme environments. Using a seed-oil based, organo clay-thickened grease, this revolutionary product can be applied to wire ropes and cables either manually or using clamp type pressure applicators.
Readily biodegradable, including greater than 80% renewable bio-based components, Biodegradable Wire Rope Coating Grease, is greater than 60% biodegradable in 28 days according to ASTM D5864 (similar to OECD 301B). Its no-sheen formula also passes the 60-minute EPA Static Sheen Test.
Operations will experience a number of benefits, including:
• Ready biodegradability: it is greater than 60% biodegradable in 28 days with negligible environmental residue.
• Excellent penetration of product into wire ropes and cables for maximum protection against rust and corrosion.
• Formation of a protective film that resists water washout for long-term protection.
• A proprietary formula that resists age hardening and oil separation to maintain consistency during long change intervals.
Biodegradable Wire Rope Coating Grease is excellent for use in multiple applications, including:
• Marine Wire Ropes
• Onboard Crane Ropes
• Stationary or Running Ropes
• Industrial Cables and Wire Ropes
• Container Cranes and Other Dockside Ropes
• Tow Cables