AXSMarine Upgrades Voyage Calculator
AXSMarine announced the release of an upgrade to its keystone applications within its AXSDry 4.0 product offering.
Voyage Calculator 4.0 has been released this week to all subscribers providing them with long list of functionality upgrades and usability improvements. The voyage calculation program accounts for around 50% of their systems usage in terms of number of users and it will remain a key component of the AXSDry product suite. Their previous voyage calculator will remain available to its users for a short period though it is believed to quickly become redundant as the users begin to make use of the new 4.0 version.
Upgrades include but are not limited to:
1. Multiple workbooks: users can now open multiple workbooks at the same time
2. Tab browsing: allows users to quickly switch from one sheet / workbook to another in one click
3. Faster loading/saving speeds – compared with previous calculation version
4. Once any calculation which was previously saved in 3.2 is loaded and saved in 4.0 it can no longer be loaded into 3.2
5. Search function – more detailed search criteria available with savable search filters
1. Number formatting – standardized number formats in all screen and export displays
2. Results panel – display more detailed results – showing interim values
3. Full/Eco speed toggle – private speed/cons values applied to Eco/Full selection on a per vessel basis
4. Extra Costs field and window – calculable extra costs per ton available from extra costs and cranes fields – useful e.g. cranes/liner out fees
5. UOM (Unit of Measurements) – enabled days/hours in time fields in sequence and bottom sections
6. Commission fields – renamed to more clearly reflect what they represent
7. Sheet Comments – new feature added to allow users to make and see comments on each sheet of a workbook
1. Inject vessel & cargo into calculator – vessels and cargoes from search results can be linked and injected directly into a voyage calculation
2. Compare & Export – improved comparison tools, in list formats & allow optional comparison with select standard vessel type.
3. Logo manager – enables addition of user’s company logo in exports.
4. Options & Settings – user may pre-set values to populate calculator when opening a new one instead of having to manually insert or adjust
5. Quick Share – new button added to the top of each workbook so users can quickly share calculations with clients
Date Integration and Look Ups
1. Distance Table – integrated with new distance table
2. Port Library – integrated with new port library
3. Built-in intake Calculator – Options can be used to pre-set intake constants & link to Stowage factor table enabled