Suez Canal Tolls Set to Rise Again
Suez Canal tolls will rise for the third straight year by as much as 2.6% with effect from 1, May 2014 for all vessels inform the Suez Canal Authority. In addition, a container stack surcharge for North-bound ships has been increased.
In addition the surcharge for North-bound container ships (the South-bound rate remains unchanged) is modified also from 1, May 2014 as follows:
- 4% for vessels carrying one tier .
- 6% for vessels carrying two tiers.
- 8% for vessels carrying three tiers.
- 11% for vessels carrying four tiers .
- 15% for vessels carrying five tiers.
- 21% for vessels carrying six tiers.
- An increase of 2% shall be applied for each tier in excess of six tiers, which means that a surcharge of 23% shall be applied on vessels carrying seven tiers of containers ... etc