American Cruise Lines – Online Travel Agent Training & Certification Program
American Cruise Lines announce plans for an upcoming travel agent portal, the first of many new features to be added to the company’s new website. In an effort to maximize travel agent potential with American Cruise Lines, as well as accessibility to product information, the new agent portal, which will be available this summer, will feature the following:
▪ Personal Login and Secured Access – Private and secure accessibility for each agent
▪ Agent Benefits – Outline of partnership perks & earning potential (tiered commission structure)
▪ Training & Certification – In-depth virtual training and certification program
▪ Promotional/Marketing Tools – Letterhead shells, email blast archive, product PDFs, etc.
▪ Video & Image Gallery – High-resolution multimedia downloads for agent use
▪ Agent Order Form – Agents can place orders for any materials, including brochures
▪ FAM Program – Details on familiarization cruises
“We highly value our travel agent partners and continuously aim to provide them with the best resources possible,” said Susan Shultz, Director of Sales for American Cruise Lines. “Dedicated entirely to agents, the new portal will allow them to both master and promote our products in a way that will maximize their selling ability.” Agents working with American Cruise Lines can typically earn between $1,000 and $2,300 per booking, depending on the selected stateroom and itinerary.
“We recognize the significance of the travel agent role in this industry, as well as their contribution to the success of our business,” added Charles A. Robertson, President of American Cruise Lines. “It is a continuous objective of ours to best equip them with the tools they need to succeed.”
The development of the travel agent portal follows a successful series of training webinars on American Cruise Lines’ Mississippi River and Alaska cruises. These webinars and future ones will be available for download through the new agent site. An exact launch date will be announced later this spring, along with further details on what agents can expect.
Additionally, in response to the travel agent community, American Cruise Lines has launched a brand new corporate website at http://www.americancruiselines.com. Newly designed and loaded with new features and improved functionality, the website will better serve and inform both agents and their clients.
American Cruise Lines, the largest U.S. cruise company, operates the newest fleet of small ships in the industry and offers more than 35 unique itineraries along the inland waterways and rivers of the Pacific Northwest, Alaska, the Mississippi River System and the U.S. East Coast, from New England to Florida.