Wilhelmsen Ships Service (WSS) report that their chemical handling software 'Active Solutions Portal' has topped 6000 in orders.
Although the system is primarily built for onboard crews, it can also be used by shore-based teams supporting vessels at sea. Where internet connectivity is available, the portal is optimised for efficient file transfer over maritime satellite communication systems. The portal also bundles several PC-based modules that provide easy access to training on chemical application and control.
WSS say that their Active Solutions Portal is a bespoke software package, that contains a wealth of product information including:
- Product information and chemical application guidelines
- Appropriate testing and control advice
- Waterproof’ software package enables recording and display of chemical test results
• Information on systems that can reduce the need for chemical handling,
- Technical enquiry assistance information
- Training modules and supporting documentation designed to maintain crew competence
- Fast, onboard access to product support information
Business Director for Chemicals, Bernd Hans Bauer, said at the launch of the ASP that it would play a ‘vital role’ in supporting safe handling and application of chemicals onboard ships. Now, less than a year on, this sentiment appears to be true, as customer feedback continues to be extremely positive. In fact, orders for the ASP have now reached over 6,000.