The Port of Los Angeles has released a Final Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the Southern California International Gateway (SCIG) Project.
The proposed project, which involves the construction and operation of a railyard on outer Port property, is located in an industrial area between Sepulveda Boulevard to the north, Pacific Coast Highway to the south, SR-47 to the east and the Dominquez Channel to the west.
The Los Angeles Board of Harbor Commissioners will consider certifying the Final EIR at its meeting on Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 8:30 am. The original meeting location in the Final EIR notice has now been changed to the Cruise Center Terminal Annex Building, located at 390 N. Harbor Boulevard in San Pedro, just north of the USS IOWA. The parking entrances are at Harbor Boulevard and Swinford Streets, and also at Harbor Boulevard and First Street.
As required under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), the Final EIR (FEIR) includes responses to comments on the non-recirculated sections of the Draft EIR and responses to comments on the Recirculated Draft EIR, as well as changes made to both documents.
A copy of the FEIR document is available online here and at each of the following locations:
- Port of Los Angeles Environmental Management Division, 222 W. 6th Street, Suite 1080, San Pedro, CA 90731
- Los Angeles Public Library, San Pedro Branch, 931 S. Gaffey Street, San Pedro, CA 90731
- Los Angeles Public Library, Wilmington Branch, 1300 N. Avalon, Wilmington, CA 90744
- Carson Regional Library, 151 E. Carson Street, Carson, CA 90745
- Martin Luther King Library, 17906 S. Avalon Blvd., Carson, CA 90746
- Los Angeles Public Library, Central Branch, 630 W. 5th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90071
- Long Beach Main Library, 101 Pacific Ave., Long Beach, CA 90822
- Bret Harte Neighborhood Library, 1595 Willow St., Long Beach, CA 90810
Questions regarding the FEIR or project should be directed to the Port of Los Angeles Environmental Management Division at (310) 732-3675.