As authorized by the Connecticut General Statute Sec 15-13 and detailed in Sections 15-15a-6 and 15-15a-7 of the Regulations of Connecticut State Agencies, the Commissioner of the Connecticut Department of Transportation is soliciting applications from qualified mariners interested in applying for the Connecticut Apprentice Marine Pilot Training and Certification Program.
1. Name and contact information.
2. Social Security number.
3. Date of birth.
4. Educational History (names of school, years graduated).
5. Dated copy of most recent physical examination (see Connecticut Regulations Sec. 15-15a-10).
6. Copy of Federal license held (grade and date).
7. Copy of Endorsements to Federal license.
8. Copy of Training Certificates held
9. Copy of Transportation Workers Identification Card certification.
10. Documented pilotage experience in the waters of Block Island Sound, Long Island Sound, the boundary waters of the states of Connecticut and New York
and all ports and terminals thereon including docking experience (dates and trip routes, names and size of vessels, name and location of port facility).
11. Additional documented pilotage experience (outside of the waters described above).
Failure to submit all documents required will disqualify the applicant from consideration. Applicants will be required to take a written examination on a date, time and place to be determined. Applications will be reviewed, scored and ranked based on criteria established by the Connecticut Pilot
Commission, including the written examination. Leading applicants will be interviewed at a date and time to be determined.
Dated at Newington, Connecticut, this 14th day of April, 2011.
James P. Redeker