Service provider to the oil and gas industry, UK-based Petrofac, confirms placement orders to build its new proprietary design Petrofac JSD 6000 deepwater derrick lay vessel, which will be available for construction and installation activities in early 2017.
Petrofac inform that the vessel is based on a unique design which integrates the J-Lay, S-Lay and derrick functions and will provide Petrofac with access to high-end turnkey opportunities in the high growth deepwater and SURF markets, and expand access to shallow water EPCI projects.
The vessel contract award summary is as follows:
• Shipyard for hull and marine: ZPMC, China
• Nominated supplier and integrator of all electrical and control systems: Kongsberg Maritime, Norway
• 2,000 metric tonne (mt) J-Lay tower: IHC Engineering Business, UK
• 5,000 mt revolving main crane and four deck cranes: National Oilwell Varco, USA
• Two deepwater 750 mt tonne winches: Remazel Engineering, Italy
• 600 mt S-Lay tensioners and pipe handling equipment: Remacut, Italy
• Nominated classification society: Lloyds Register Group
Ayman Asfari, Petrofac Group Chief Executive, said: “With more than 30 years of designing, developing, building and operating fixed facilities, both onshore and offshore, and more than a decade in subsea field development and engineering, our move into the deepwater market is a natural progression.”