MOL Containerships to Aid Typhoon Relief Efforts
Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. (MOL) said the MOL Group will provide free transport of relief supplies by containerships to the central Philippines devastated by the recent typhoon. The company has already donated $30,000 to emergency relief efforts.
Ocean transport of emergency relief supplies by MOL containerships
- Items covered: Grant aid supplies from contributors such as governmental institutions, municipalities, and government-approved aid organizations. However, some items such as dangerous articles, animals, and other regulated items may not be accepted. Please contact an MOL office or agent for details.
- Type of transport: By containership (dry containers)
- Loading ports: Ports where MOL Group-operated vessels make direct calls
- Unloading ports: Port of Manila, Philippines
- Scope of transport: From container yards in loading ports to container yards in unloading ports
- Conditions of acceptance: Contacts of both consigners and consignees are clearly identified, and customs clearance procedures at both departure and arrival ports and procedures for land transport must be arranged by the consigners and consignees without fail. Acceptance may be adjusted depending on space available on operated vessels and conditions at terminals.
- Period: Aid supplies must be delivered to container yards at the loading ports by the end of December 2013. As shipping capacity is limited, transport of those supplies will be on a first-come first-shipped basis.