Nordana Sea Delivered to Symphony Shipping
After successful sea trials, M.V. Nordana Sea was delivered to Symphony Shipping on February 11, 2016. Constructed by builder Ferus-Smit in the Netherlands (yard number 419), Nordana Sea is the third unit in a series of six newbuilds of the yard’s Ecobox design.
- Main dimensions (Loa X B X T) 122.5 X 17.0 X 7.8 mtr.
- 10,550 DWT, 429.000 cft hold volume.
- Iceclass 1A with 3,000 kW main engine.
- A large single hold of completely box shaped form.
- Large loading floor area for project cargoes, including complete movable tweendeck.
- 2 X 85 tons cargo cranes.
- Deckhouse placed on foreship for better protection of deck cargo and enabling to load oversized items over the stern.
- Open top notation; sailing in all weather conditions without maindeck hatches to transport large project cargoes without height restrictions.
- The Ferus Smit ECO bulbless Canoe type bow, designed to reduce fuel costs and better sustained speed with excellent sea keeping behavior in harsh weather and sea state conditions.
- Propeller equipped with a duct for enhanced thrust at lower speeds and reduction of maximum installed propulsion power.