‘Nordana Sea’ Delivered to Symphony Shipping
After successful sea trials, Dutch shipbuilder Ferus Smit delivered a 10,550 dwt multi-purpose cargo carrier M.V. Nordana Sea to Symphony Shipping on February 11th 2016.
Being the third unit in a series of 6 newbuilds Ferus Smit’s DP2 Ecobox design, departed on her maiden voyage in ballast to Esbjerg, where she will pick up large windmill components to be delivered in Greece.
The Ecobox design is characterized by its flexibility of loading combined with very economical and ecological performance.
The design features are:
* Main dimensions (Loa X B X T) 122.5 X 17.0 X 7.8 mtr.
* 10550 DWT, 429.000 cft hold volume.
* Iceclass 1A with 3000 kW main engine.
* A large single hold of completely box shaped form.
* Large loading floor area for project cargoes, including complete movable tweendeck.
* 2 X 85 tons cargo cranes.
* Deckhouse placed on foreship for better protection of deck cargo and enabling to load oversized items over the stern.
* Open top notation; sailing in all weather conditions without maindeck hatches to transport large project cargoes without height restrictions.
* The Ferus Smit ECO bulbless Canoe type bow, designed to reduce fuel costs and better sustained speed with excellent sea keeping behavior in harsh weather and sea state conditions.
* Propeller equipped with a duct for enhanced thrust at lower speeds and reduction of maximum installed propulsion power.