Kvichak Delivers Pilot Boat to Savannah
Kvichak Marine Industries, Inc., of Seattle, Wash., recently delivered PV Georgia, a 64' all-aluminum Pilot Boat to the Savannah Pilots Association of Savannah, Ga. Georgia is the second vessel built by Kvichak for the Savannah Pilots.
Designed by Camarc Design, U.K., Georgia is powered by twin MTU 12V2000 engines rated for 1,450 BHP each with Hamilton 521 waterjets and ZF 3050 marine gears. Kvichak said this combination allows for excellent maneuverability with a top speed of approximately 35 knots.
For over 140 years the Savannah Pilots Association has safely guided vessels on the 25 ½ mile journey from the sea to the port of Savannah. They require vessels with excellent sea keeping ability and maneuverability even in the worst of sea conditions. After operating a Kvichak vessel for nine years, they knew Kvichak would deliver.
Additional vessel features include:
• Overall length – 64’
• Beam, overall: 19’
• Top speed: approximately 35 knots
• Fuel capacity - 1200 gallons
• D-rubber / aircraft tire fendering
• Complete electronics package
• Two Phasor K4 30kW Gensets
• Day galley and pilot accommodations
• Two crew, seven pilots
• 500 lb SWL capacity rescue davit
• E/R ventilation by Delta “T” Systems
• Main engine exhaust by Marine Exhaust Systems, Inc.