Kuhlman Services (KSL) seeks input from interested maritime companies and agencies for a next generation of security vessels being developed.
These vessels are currently in development; they are being engineered for the unique needs of the oil industry, riverine applications, and island nation applications.
The CSSP Series of two vessels is currently being engineered and are being manufactured in New England by a highly reputable maritime fabricator that specializes in such craft for law enforcement, fire, environmental, and military applications. According to KSL, the vessels’ builders are highly respected defense technologists with backgrounds in hull, control, communications, power plant, and anti-ballistic and weapons systems.
To date KSL has met many desired features. These features include:
- Full NIJ Level 3A hardening;
A shallow draft (30 inches or 0.83 meters);
- The capability of intentional grounding or passing over sub-surface obstructions without damage;
- The structural integrity to receive various safety and weapons systems;
- A high capacity fire monitor forward;
- A blue water capability (our vessels meet Beaufort Scale of sea state 5-7);
- High speed and extended endurance (our CSSP Series Response has a 50 knot capability while our CSSP Series Patrol has a 25 knot capability plus a 7-10 day endurance with a maximum crew of eight);
- Both vessels have been designed to extend their endurance through support from offshore facilities;
- An ability to provide emergency towing and rescue;
Proprietary anti-ballistic materials and equipment such as High Definition Broad Band Radar to track high-speed threats; plus
Insurance, risk management, and funding support.
Built in the U.S. to U.S. standards, these vessels are ITAR compliant and available for international use and sale.
Contributing companies and agencies will be honored by having the option of their logo being prominently displayed and their contribution posted. A letter of interest containing recommendations should be sent to: Kuhlman Services LLC
1314 E. Las Olas Blvd., Suite 308
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301 USA