WESMAR will be displaying the largest bow thruster they produce at the annual International WorkBoat Show in New Orleans December 1-3, and Bob Sentz, Vice President of WESMAR’s Mechanical Division, said it is the largest system his division has ever sent to a trade show.
“This stainless steel 48-inch, 4-blade NiBrAl prop counter-rotating bow thruster system will be a head turner for many reasons,” said Sentz. “It is the largest in WESMAR’s commercial line and brings more power, less noise and less vibration than competitive units. The use of counter rotating dual propellers splits the power between two gear sets yielding very high propeller efficiency. The counter rotating design with one prop pulling the water in and the second prop pushing water out for greater axial thrust creates greater power and up to 40% more thrust. This allows the use of smaller tunnels, particularly for shallow draft applications and it reduces drag and saves fuel.” The horsepower ratings on WESMAR’s commercial systems, which range from 20 inches to 48 inches, is 75 to 499.
The V2-48 will be on display in the booth of WESMAR’s distributor, Donovan Marine (Booth #1441).
Additional Technical Features of the WESMAR Commercial Thrusters:
• Available in Hydraulic, AC, and Direct Drive
• Pre-mounted in customer selected steel or aluminum tubes
• Dynamic Power Control for easy maneuvering
• Proportional on/off controls at customer option
• 3:1 or 2:1 gear reduction depending on model
• High quality AGMA9 spiral beveled gears, ground lapped in matched sets for extended life service
• Tapered shaft 4-blade Kaplan style propellers including right and left hand counter rotating for high performance.
• WESMAR makes exclusive use of anti-friction spherical roller or tapered roller bearings, which run completely immersed in 80-90 gear type lubricating oil.