ST Electronics Establishes Brazilian Subsidiary

By Joseph R. Fonseca
Sunday, July 13, 2014

 

Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd (ST Engineering) today announced that its electronics arm, Singapore Technologies Electronics Limited (ST Electronics), has set up a subsidiary, ST Electronics do Brasil Serviços e Soluções em Sistemas Eletronicôs Ltda, in Brazil.

ST Electronics holds 99% stake in the new subsidiary, with the remaining 1% stake held by its wholly owned subsidiary, ST Electronics (SatCom & Sensor Systems) Pte. Ltd.  ST Electronics do Brasil Serviços e Soluções em Sistemas Eletronicôs Ltda, based in Sao Paulo, will have a paid up capital of US$2m (about S$2.55m). 

Brazil is an important emerging economy and the setting up of the Brazilian subsidiary marks an important step forward in ST Electronics’ marketing strategy for entry into that market. ST Electronics has identified opportunities for potential growth in Brazil.

With a local presence there, ST Electronics will be able to work more closely with in-country partners, pursue potential projects and respond quickly to opportunities that will arise, such as those urban solutions relating to large scale electronics systems like intelligent transport and metro rail.

The setting up of the new subsidiary is not expected to have any material impact on the consolidated net tangible assets per share and earnings per share of ST Engineering for the current financial year.

ST Electronics

Maritime Today


The Maritime Industry's original and most viewed E-News Service

Maritime Reporter May 2016 Digital Edition
FREE Maritime Reporter Subscription
Latest Maritime News    rss feeds

News

Coast Guard to Remove Some Navigation Aids in Virginia

The U.S. Coast Guard is scheduled to discontinue 166 navigational aids within the Virginia Inside Passage (VIP) due to shoaling and other navigational safety concerns throughout the area.

MSHS Group President Recognized for Safety Leadership

Signal Mutual Indemnity Association, a self-insured group provider of Longshore benefits, presented MSHS President Are Friesecke with the Francis R. Sharp Executive

New OPDR Service Links Spain with Northern Europe

OPDR introduces new service: CAVA offers connection between the Spanish east coast, northern Europe and Saint Petersburg    OPDR announced its new CAVA service,

Software Solutions

ABB Software to Monitor Cosco Heavy Transport Fleet

ABB, a power and automation technology group, will supply its onboard motion monitoring and forecasting system to the Xiang Rui Kou heavy lift vessel, meaning the

APM Terminals Bahrain Push for Safety, IT systems

Hidd, Khalifa Bin Salman Port, Bahrain - APM Terminals Bahrain, operators of Khalifa bin Salman Port (KBSP), has recently made significant advances in Safety performance

Basra Gateway Terminal Goes Live with Navis N4

Navis, a part of Cargotec Corporation, and provider of operational technologies and services that unlock greater performance and efficiency for terminal operators,

Mergers & Acquisitions

Striking Port Workers Protest Greek Port Sales

Greek port workers walked off the job for a sixth day on Tuesday and marched through central Athens to protest the state-sanctioned selloff of the country's two largest ports,

Strategic Marine Building Luxury Crewboat

Strategic Marine announced the kick-off of its first collaboration with PT. Pelayaran Tanjung Kumawa, expecting to deliver an exclusive luxury crewboat in November this year.

Harding Sold to Palfinger

The PALFINGER Group has signed today the acquisition of 100 per cent of the shares in Herkules Harding Holding AS and thus, the globally operating Harding Group.

 
 
Maritime Careers / Shipboard Positions Maritime Security Navigation Offshore Oil Pod Propulsion Port Authority Salvage Ship Electronics Shipbuilding / Vessel Construction Sonar
rss | archive | history | articles | privacy | contributors | top maritime news | about us | copyright | maritime magazines
maritime security news | shipbuilding news | maritime industry | shipping news | maritime reporting | workboats news | ship design | maritime business

Time taken: 0.1040 sec (10 req/sec)