The CMA CGM Group said 2014 will be the year of African ambition.
At this occasion, the CMA CGM Group announced the launch of its new advertisement campaign in Africa thus reaffirming its ambition to expand further on this continent.
This new campaign, uses a CMA CGM AFRICAMAX vessel specially built to optimize operations in African ports, reasserts the Group’s position as leader in the transport market through a global offer of both maritime and inland services.
Present in Africa since 2001, when the WAX trade was created – linking West Africa with China – and consolidated with the acquisition of DELMAS, the maritime transport expert in Africa, in 2006, the CMA CGM Group is now the leading transport in Africa.
With 72 offices in 43 countries, 25 maritime services, 1 300 employees, the CMA CGM Group has transported over 1 200 000 TEU (twenty-foot equivalent unit) in 2013 from/to Africa.
Already established in Africa, the group aims at reinforcing its maritime services with the opening of new trades and calls, developing the creation and modernization of its ports infrastructures, extending its solutions for intermodal transport so as to deliver cargo inland and creating new logistic platforms offering a wide range of additional services to its customers (storage, stuffing…).
Since January 2014, the CMA CGM Group has continuously developed in Africa:
- January 2014: CMA Terminals, 100% subsidiary of the CMA CGM Group, sign an agreement for a stake of 25% of Lekki Terminal, in Nigeria.
- January 2014 : the launch of a new feeder dedicated to Mozambican ports : Rhino Express
- January 2014 : the launch of the Noura Express, a new service linking the world with Somalia through CMA CGM’s hub in Khor Fakkan.
- February 2014 : the launch of a second container platform, the TCD2, in Dakar, enabling the Group to reinforce its position as leader of the import/export market in Senegal.
- February 2014 : the launch of two new agencies in Mauritania, in Nouakchott and Nouadibhou.
With this campaign highlighting the Group’s activities in Africa, CMA CGM reaffirms its ambition to expand in Africa, to better serve its clients at sea and on land and to strengthen its leading position.