Crude Oil Carriers DHT Report Favourable Wind in Q4 2013
Oslo, Norway-based DHT Holdings, Inc. reports fourth quarter 2013 results and the acquisition of two VLCCs.
Financial Highlights of the quarter
- EBITDA for the quarter of $18.9 million and net income for the quarter of $11.5 million ($0.48 per share) including $15.4 million in revenue related final settlement of sale of OSG claim.
- The Company will pay a dividend of $0.02 per common share for the quarter payable on February 13, 2014 for shareholders of record as of February 6, 2014.
- In line with the Company's communicated strategy, DHT has agreed to acquire two VLCCs built in 2006 and 2007 for a total of $99.0 million. The vessels will be delivered during February 2014. The Company will fund the acquisition through a combination of conventional mortgage financing and an acquisition facility. DHT considers this an attractive addition to its fleet and will continue to pursue investment opportunities and grow the Company.
- On November 29, 2013 the Company completed a private placement of shares generating net proceeds of $106.7 million.
- During the fourth quarter the Company entered into agreements with Hyundai Heavy Industries ("HHI") for the construction of two VLCCs with a contract price of $92.7 million each, including certain additions and upgrades to the standard specification. In January 2014 the Company entered into an agreement for a third VLCC at HHI at identical contractual terms. Subsequently, the Company's orderbook consist of three VLCCs that are scheduled for delivery in April, July and September 2016. In December the Company paid 20% pre-delivery installments on two of vessels totaling $37.1 million and in January 2014 the Company paid $18.6 million on the third vessel.
- In November 2013 DHT agreed a final claim amount of $46.0 million with OSG related to the claim of $51.8 million filed with the Bankruptcy Court (the "Court") in March 2013. The amount was approved by the Court in December. In February 2013 DHT sold the claim to Citigroup for a purchase price equal to 33.25% of the amount of the claim ultimately allowed and DHT received an initial payment of approximately $6.9 million in the first quarter of 2013. The final payment of $8.5 million was received in January 2014. The full amount of $15.4 million received related to the sale of the claim has been recorded as shipping revenue in the fourth quarter of 2013.
- In November DHT agreed to a final claim amount of $1.5 million with OSG related to six further claims in the amount of $3.4 million filed with the Court in May 2013. These claims have not been assigned to a third party and, as the amount, timing and form of any recovery is not known, DHT has not reflected this amount in its financial statements.
DHT is an independent crude oil tanker company. Its fleet trades internationally and consists of crude oil tankers in the VLCC, Aframax and Suezmax segments.