Hornbeck Offshore Ride High on Q2 2014 Results
Hornbeck Offshore Services, Inc. has announced its financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2014. Following are highlights for this period and excerpts from the Company's future outlook:
- 2Q2014 Upstream revenue and EBITDA set new quarterly highs on the strength of fleet growth and record MPSV dayrates
- 2Q2014 Upstream revenue of $171.1 million increased $34.5 million, or 25%, over 1Q2014
- 2Q2014 Upstream diluted EPS of $0.85 increased $0.54, or 174%, over 1Q2014
- 2Q2014 Upstream EBITDA of $84.3 million increased $30.0 million, or 55%, over 1Q2014
- 2Q2014 utilization of the 56-vessel new gen OSV fleet was 86% compared to 88% a year-ago and 75% sequentially
- 2Q2014 high-spec OSV effective utilization was 90% compared to 98% a year-ago and 76% sequentially
- 2Q2014 MPSV effective utilization was 100% compared to 99% a year-ago and 85% sequentially
- First nine HOSMAX OSVs have been placed in-service with three more newbuild deliveries expected by the end of 3Q2014
- OSV Newbuild Program #5 remains 98% on-time and on-budget
- HOS Achiever now contracted to provide flotel services to a major oil company in the GoM through 3Q2015
- Contract backlog for new gen OSV vessel-days is currently at 61% and 25% for 2H2014 and fiscal 2015, respectively
- Contract backlog for MPSV vessel-days is currently at 69% and 20% for 2H2014 and fiscal 2015, respectively
- Company remains optimistic about a gradual GoM market improvement over the remainder of 2014 and into 2015
Excerpt from 'Forward Guidance for Continuing Operations'
Vessel Counts: As of June 30, 2014, excluding two inactive non-core vessels and two HOSMAX OSV newbuild deliveries that occurred in July 2014, the Company's operating fleet consisted of 56 new generation OSVs and four MPSVs. The forecasted Upstream vessel counts presented in this press release reflect the anticipated fiscal 2014 OSV and MPSV newbuild deliveries discussed below.
The Company's active Upstream fleet for fiscal years 2014 and 2015 is expected to be comprised of an average of 58.0 and 67.6 new generation OSVs, respectively. For fiscal 2014, the active new generation OSVs are comprised of an average of 27.3 "term" vessels that are currently chartered on long-term contracts and an average of 30.7 "spot" vessels that are currently operating or being offered for service under short-term charters. The Company expects to operate an average of 4.3 MPSVs in fiscal 2014 and 5.3 in fiscal 2015.
Contract Coverage: The Company's forward contract coverage for its current and projected fleet of active new generation OSVs for the remainder of fiscal year 2014 and for fiscal 2015 is currently 61% and 25%, respectively. The Company's forward contract coverage for its current and projected fleet of MPSVs for the remainder of fiscal year 2014 and for fiscal 2015 is currently 69% and 20%, respectively. These contract backlog percentages are based on available vessel-days for the guidance periods, not estimated revenue.
More detail of the report is available via: http://hornbeckoffshore.com/