Latest Arnlea inspection software supports Norwegian and mechanical ATEX
Arnlea Systems Limited, an innovative radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions specialist to the Oil & Gas industry, has released the latest version of its widely used InspectEX software.
The company, based in Inverurie, near Aberdeen, delivers affordable mobile electronic solutions to enable smarter field operations. In producing InspectEX, Arnlea worked with leading Compex safety engineers to design the product which manages and tracks inspections and repairs performed on safety critical equipment.
InspectEX is used by many leading operators and engineering contractors in the North Sea, including the Norwegian sector, to safely reduce the cost of managing and maintaining safety critical EX/ATEX equipment and demonstrate compliance to the requirements of IEC60079-17 for both electrical and mechanical equipment.
Utilising the latest mobile computing and RFID technologies, InspectEX enables paperless capture and management of inspection records, standardised workflows and verification of the installed equipment against the register. It also provides real-time visibility of inspection status, progress, strategy compliance, competency, and defect trends. Benefits include improved register accuracy, workforce efficiency and competency, asset integrity and safety, as well as extended asset life.
The solutions eliminate human error and verify user competence, leading to foolproof data integrity and substantial efficiency improvements. By distributing knowledge of equipment and processes to the fingertips of multi-skilled field personnel, operations are streamlined and bring increased productivity and return on existing assets.
Proof of full compliance with statutory legislation is assured.
This latest software includes many new capabilities, including:
- Support for Norwegian, Portuguese and French languages, with others to follow based on demand.
- Support for IECEx, North American, and other asset registers.
- New functionality specifically for FPSOs and drilling rigs.
- Support for Mechanical ATEX inspections to meet the recent demands of the HSE and other safety regulators.
- Extended to cover the complete equipment lifecycle – InspectEX can be used for construction/modification projects, pre-hydrocarbon commissioning, and decommissioning projects in addition to production operations and turnarounds.
- Support for the new Ci70 ATEX-certified mobile computer.
- Support for the new range of Arnlea ATEX RFID tags.
- The existing risk-based inspection function has been enhanced to include the Energy Institute recommendations.
“This new version of Inspect-EX raises the bar in terms of EX Inspection work execution management, complementing the existing maintenance systems such as SAP and Maximo, whilst delivering a new level of efficiency, visibility and business value across the life of an asset”, said Arnlea Managing Director Kevin Boyd.
“The many benefits of using our InspectEx system has led to it being used by many operators in the North Sea and increasingly further afield. The latest version brings many advancements, the support now provided for Norwegian, Portuguese and French speakers will mean the software will be able to be used by more and more people across the world.”