Northern Sea Route International Conference
The upcoming conference will concern itself with problems and prospects for the NSR with its huge potential.
The Central Research Institute of the [Russian] Navy and the magazine “News of Maritime Petersburg" with the support of the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation will organize the international conference 'The Northern Sea Route: State, Problems and Prospects' in St. Petersburg (Concert Complex 'Novoizmaylovsky', Novoizmaylovsky pr., 48) on 11, April 2013.
The Northern Sea Route (NSR) with its huge potential for expansion of international and inter-regional transport is an important component of the global transportation and logistics process, and is key to the development of the resources of the Arctic zone.
Representatives of ministries of RF, the administrations of Russian northern regions, the key shipping and mining companies, shipbuilding firms, design offices, classification societies and other interested parties are invited to take part in the Conference.
The preliminary program for the conference includes:
- NSR - the basis of the transport system in the Arctic: the current state of infrastructure and future volumes of freight. Speaker: CRI Navy.
- The main activities of the Ministry of Transport for the development of shipping in the Arctic. Law about the Northern Sea Route. Speakers: The Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation, the Administration of the NSR.
- Impact on NSR development in the Arctic areas of Russia. Speaker: the Nenets Autonomous Okrug.
- Navigation and hydrographic support of shipping in the Arctic. Speaker: Federal State Institution "Hydrographic Enterprise."
- Search and rescue facilities of navigation along the NSR, system for prevention and elimination of oil spills. The role of aircraft in search and rescue operations. Speakers: Gosmorspassluzhba, The Management of Airport Tiksi.
- Mineral resources of the Russian Arctic: current and future projects in offshore, the main directions of sea transportation of oil and gas. Speaker: The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment of the Russian Federation.