Newport International Boat Show Highlights
Newport Exhibition Group, owners and producers of the Newport International Boat Show, announced today activities and amenities for those planning to attend its 44th boat show season, the Newport International Boat Show provides visitors from around the world a venue to see the latest boats and product offerings from hundreds of manufacturers and dealers, including dozens debuting for the first time in the United States. Set along historic Newport Harbor in the heart of downtown Newport, the show also offers a wealth of education and fun activities for boating enthusiasts of all ages and experience.
• Confident Captain’s At The Helm offers a variety of daily sail and powerboat on-the-water training classes by USCG Licensed Captains and American Sailing Association certified instructors.
• Power & Motoryacht University will take place on Saturday, September 13th on Goat Island (near the show site) and include a variety of top-notch speakers and topics to help boaters get the most from their passion.
• Visitors on Thursday will have the opportunity to cast their vote for the best new boat making its US debut in the Newport For New Products People’s Choice Award. One voter will be selected at random to win an iPad with a $50 credit to the online Apple Store. Voting ballots are available at all gates.
• The annual State of the Industry Press Conference will take place on Friday, September at 8:15 a.m. in Sunset Lounge at the end of Commercial Wharf. Five executives 12th representing Boating Gear, Engines, Marine Electronics, Powerboat and Sailboat manufactures will answer questions presented by an emcee about their view of the industry.
• On Saturday, September 13th sailing event, the Volvo Ocean Race. Excitement is overflowing as Newport was selected as the North American stopover city in May, 2015. Come hear what’s in store.
• Cruising Outpost will host its 4th show gates on Saturday at 6:00 p.m., the party will feature a prize drawing to benefit the "Call of the Sea Foundation;" live music, free pizza, beer and soft drinks while they last.
• The Authors Corner in Tent C will feature book signings by Judy Silvia who captures the beauty of sailing in her writings.
• The lovely and talented Sailor Donna will entertain children with singing, face painting and balloon art on Saturday.
“The Newport International Boat Show includes a wealth of exciting, fun and informative activities such as our in-water training, new boat and product debuts, educational seminars and, of course, entertainment that complements the boats, products and services that our 750+ exhibitors bring to the show,” said Nancy Piffard, show director of Newport Exhibition Group.
“The experience that we provide, coupled with Newport’s own amenities such as award-winning restaurants, trendy boutiques and galleries, make for a boat show destination that is second to none!”
Expected to draw tens of thousands to historic Newport, the Newport International Boat Show will take place Thursday,
September 11th on the Newport Waterfront along America’s Cup Avenue in Newport, Rhode Island. One of the largest in-water boat shows in the country, the event will host nearly 750 exhibitors from around the world with an exceptional assortment of boats of every type and style from 15 to 90 feet, and a wide variety of accessories, equipment, electronics, gear and services for boaters. Online tickets are available through the Newport International Boat Show website. Children under 12 are admitted free any day when accompanied by an adult.
On Friday, visitors with a valid Military or Newport County Resident ID receive half price admission. For more information on the 44th purchase tickets, please visit www.newportboatshow.com. Event updates will be posted as they become available and communicated on the show’s Twitter and Facebook (FB) accounts: @NewportBoatShow and
The Newport International Boat Show covers over 13 acres along the Newport Waterfront. To get the lay of the land and locate all exhibitors and activities before coming to the show, visit the online sitemap on the website. While at the show, visit any of the Information Kiosks located on the show grounds. Low cost, off-site parking at Easton's Beach is available with handicap-accessible shuttle service running daily from 8am-8pm. through Sunday, September 14th, 2014 on the Newport Waterfront along America’s Cup Avenue in Newport, Rhode Island.