New US Intracoastal Waterway Chartbook Published
Intracoastal waterway chartbook Norfolk to Miami edited by waterway-savvy John and Leslie Kettlewell.
Each year hundreds of boaters, sailors, trawlers, and power cruisers travel on the Intracoastal Waterway, a sheltered water trail along the Atlantic east coast. Navigating the Intracoastal Waterway from Virginia to Florida, or vice versa, is certainly possible with only a chartplotter, but prudent mariners will invest in this printed backup chartbook to ensure they always know how to find their way along the thousand-mile route.
This book is handy, up-to-date, and full of ALL the information needed to pass safely under bridges and anchor safely. It features:
• $500 worth of NOAA Charts for the 1,090-mile Intracoastal Waterway, as well as charts for all major Atlantic inlets
• Flippable, yellow-sticky-able, in a cross-referencing and planning format that is ONLY offered by a book, something readers can't get on a computer screen
• Preferred route is clearly marked in magenta for the entire route
• Statute miles noted in five-mile increments in the margins
• Marinas marked on charts with phone numbers
• Bridge, lock, and anchorage locations called out
• Place-name index for quick loop-up
• New Marina listings helps locate places to refuel or reconnect
• Rigid back and spiral binding make this a handy cockpit companion