Pallas Introduce Concept Bunkering Tankship
Sweden's Pallas Shipping has developed a conceptual design for a bunkering tanker that accords with the latest environmental and safety requirements
The tanker, which has a cargo capacity of about 1700 tons is designed to operate as a bunkering vessel, which places high demands on the vessell's maneuverability, safety and technical standards.
Negotiation is now taking place with a major shipyard for the construction of this vessel and the company is now working to find appropriate financing for the project.
Below, some of the features of the design according to Pallas:
- Water-lubricated and cooled propeller sleeves
- Two main engines and two rudders for maximum security and maneuverability The ship ́s engines to be driven out of low-sulfur emission diesel
- The vessel is equipped with a facility for the treatment of ballast water
- Mixing pump on board to mix different quality fuel products in cargo tanks
- Equipped with the market ́s most fuel-efficient engines
- The noise level in the vessel would fall below the thresholds of 50%
- The entire vessel is to be galvanized for minimum future maintenance and minimal consumption of paint
- The vessel is to be painted with environmentally approved antifouling