The new AXIS Q60-S PTZ Dome Network Cameras in nitrogen-pressurized stainless steel casings are suited for surveillance and remote monitoring applications in marine, mining, oil and gas environments, as well as food, medical and clean room manufacturing facilities. The rust-free cameras can resist the corrosive effect of sea water and cleaning chemicals, and withstand high-pressure steam cleaning. Pressurized nitrogen prevents internal condensation.
Axis Communications launched three outdoor-ready, marine-grade stainless steel cameras that enable 360° coverage of wide areas in resolutions up to HDTV 1080p and great zoomed-in detail with up to 36x optical zoom.
"AXIS Q60-S cameras provide exceptional video surveillance and high durability for reliable performance in demanding indoor and outdoor environments," said Erik Frännlid, Axis' Director of Product Management. "The stainless steel models are the latest additions to our newly upgraded AXIS Q60 PTZ Dome Series."
AXIS Q60-S cameras, with SAE 316L stainless steel and a nylon clear dome cover, can operate in -30°C to 50°C (-22°F to 122°F). They have IP66, IP6K9K, NEMA 4X and MIL-STD-810G 509.5 approvals, ensuring protection against dust, rain, high pressure/steam jet cleaning, snow, ice and salt fog. The cameras come with a multi-connector cable and a media converter switch that allows for network connection using standard network or fiber optic cables. The switch also enables the cameras to connect to external alarm devices via two configurable input/output ports and to 12 V power. Stainless steel mounting accessories are sold separately.
AXIS Q6042-S provides Extended D1 resolution and 36x optical zoom. AXIS Q6044-S offers HDTV 720p and 30x optical zoom, while AXIS Q6045-S supports HDTV 1080p and 20x optical zoom.
All AXIS Q60-S cameras support shock detection, which mechanically detects and triggers an alarm if the camera has been hit. AXIS Q6042-S and AXIS Q6044-S provide electronic image stabilization, which reduces the effects of camera vibrations (from wind or traffic) to provide clearer, more useful video.
AXIS Q6044-S also supports automatic defog, which automatically detects fog in the scene and digitally filters it out of view for clearer video. AXIS said its Q6044-S has nearly three times better light sensitivity than the industry norm for HDTV cameras, enabling excellent video quality in low-light conditions.
AXIS Q6045-S offers high video resolution, enabling exceptional detail in wide and zoomed-in views. In addition to auto tracking and Active Gatekeeper—which are available in all AXIS Q60 models—AXIS Q6045-S has built-in video analytics such as highlight compensation (which masks bright lights for ease of viewing), object removed, fence detector, object counter and enter/exit detection.
Further features of AXIS Q60-S cameras include:
- Support for H.264 Main Profile for efficient compression of video that maintains image quality while at the same time minimizing bandwidth use and storage space. Other supported compression formats are H.264 Baseline Profile and Motion JPEG.
- Adjustable day/night functionality that allows operators to determine when the camera should automatically shift between day mode (when video is presented in color) and night mode (when video is presented in black and white) to take advantage of infrared light in low light situations.
- Guard tour that enables the cameras to be automatically directed to 256 preset positions. Guard tour can be easily set up with the tour recording functionality.
- AXIS Camera Application Platform that enables the installation of additional intelligent video applications.
- Built-in slot for full-sized SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card for storing recordings locally.
AXIS Q60-S cameras are supported by video management software through the Axis Application Development Partner Program, AXIS Camera Station and the complimentary AXIS Camera Companion. The camera also includes support for AXIS Video Hosting System and ONVIF for easy camera system integration. AXIS Q60-S cameras are now available through Axis distribution channels